News, views and commentary from the telecoms sector across emerging markets and developing countries worldwide

Saturday 23 May 2009

See you in Abu Dhabi? I'm afraid not

I am writing this at home, cursing the congestion on British roads. What should have been a 40 minute car journey to Heathrow Airport took nearly two and a half hours, causing me to miss my flight to Abu Dhabi. The outcome of a hasty discussion with senior colleagues was that there was little point in my travelling tomorrow morning (I would have got there too late for the function my firm is hosting) and that it would be too expensive jumping on an Emirates flight to Dubai at short notice.

So, I headed home. Why the clockwise section of the M25 was completely clear while the offending anti-clockwise section was still snarled up is beyond me. This is the first time I have ever missed a flight in my life, and I do feel a bit foolish. So, no report from Monday's Telecoms Leaders conference, I'm afraid. My wife and son are quite pleased to have me around for the UK Bank Holiday weekend, so it's not the end of the world, I suppose. I'm still a bit annoyed though. Deep breaths...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I choose to moderate comments, but only remove obvious spam and content I deem to be needlessly inflammatory.