News, views and commentary from the telecoms sector across emerging markets and developing countries worldwide

Tuesday 24 March 2009

See you in Nairobi?


Next week I am going to spend a few days in Nairobi, Kenya, where I will be attending East Africa Com, the region's telco sector conference and exhibition organised by Informa Telecoms & Media. The event takes place April 1-2 at the Safari Park Hotel, with highlight including presentations from:
Anyone based in East Africa or wanting to do business there will find this event a useful place to put faces to names, do some networking and get a sense of what's happening in the region. If you do plan to be there and have not already booked accommodation, you will find that the conference venue itself is fully booked. The Windsor Golf Hotel and Country Club seems to be nearby and of a comparable standard. Anyone who ends up there is welcome to look me up for a chat over breakfast and to share a taxi to East Africa Com conference. Anyone who reads this, plans to be in Nairobi next week and wishes to compare notes on the telecoms sector in emerging markets can drop me a line at developingtelecoms@yahoo.com. While I will have a full schedule of meetings related to my day job, I do plan to write about the conference sessions and any announcements made at the event. I'll try to make it look pretty by adding some photos. Watch this space...
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I choose to moderate comments, but only remove obvious spam and content I deem to be needlessly inflammatory.