News, views and commentary from the telecoms sector across emerging markets and developing countries worldwide

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Meet the new blog, same as the old blog

I am coming to the end of enjoyable time working for Informa Telecoms & Media, the leading provider of business intelligence to global telecoms and media markets. From the company's 100+ analysts, researchers and journalists, I am saying farewell to a number of close colleagues and good friends with whom it has been an absolute pleasure to work.

My role with the company has been to oversee the development of parts of the Com World Series, a suite of emerging markets-focused telecoms sectors conference/exhibition events. In my time with the company, I got to work on events covering Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the CIS (including the Central Asian republics), India and South Asia, Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. While doing all of this, I have enthusiastically embraced elements of the team's web 2.0 strategy, implementing the the first Com World Series branded LinkedIn groups and writing the Com World Series blog. As my time with Informa draws to a close, I have relucantly handed the blog to colleagues and I look forward to seeing it develop in their hands.

I am not yet clear if in my new role it will be appropriate to maintain a blog of the same type - news, views and commentary on the telecoms sector in emerging markets. For now, then, I will continue to write here in a purely independent capacity. I enjoy blogging and find that the (almost) daily exercise of having something to write keeps me on my toes in terms of watching interesting developments worldwide. I hope some of what I write here provides useful food for thought for anyone doing business in these regions.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I choose to moderate comments, but only remove obvious spam and content I deem to be needlessly inflammatory.